why work at Lakeview Animal Clinic?
There’s no question that this is something we love to do, and it isn’t just a job for us. We’re always on the lookout for exceptional individuals who want to join our team. Complete the form below if you’re interested in talking about yourself and the kind of position you are looking for while being passionate about pets, people, and enjoyment.
Lakeview Animal Clinic is seeking a compassionate and motivated, full-time or part-time veterinary technician to join our fast-growing practice located 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee. We are looking for someone who wants to connect with our clients and patients and provide the best quality of care with compassion and understanding. Our ideal candidate is confident in their skills and abilities and enjoys the challenges and rewards that working in veterinary medicine brings.
Our team is skilled, and practices Fear Free techniques while providing support to their veterinarian. Our clinic offers in-house lab work, send out lab work (including fecals), digital x-rays, therapeutic infrared K-laser, dental cleanings, surgeries, and cloud-based veterinary software. There are many opportunities for growth as the clinic expands and adds to our already high-quality building and equipment.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assisting the veterinarians with appointments by obtaining patient histories, restraining pets and preparing vaccines and medications.
- Assisting veterinarians in surgeries and dental cleanings.
- Obtaining, preparing and processing blood, urine or fecal samples.
- Manage and perform technician appointments, including vaccine injections, nail trims and anal gland expressions.
- Take radiographs and understand proper radiology protocols for patient positioning and overall safety.
- Answer client questions and provide education on various aspects of animal care and treatment, disease processes, preventive care, and zoonotic diseases
- Call back and/or follow-up with clients regarding patient care per veterinarian recommendations.
- Complete patient records by documenting histories, entering medical notes and doctor recommendations and creating client invoices.
- Provide professionalism, empathy, leadership and sensitivity when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned
*To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty effectively and efficiently, ideally with a high sense of urgency and awareness.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Though not required, a CVT license is preferred (Looking to get certified? Ask about our full ride scholarship program!!)
- Knowledge of principles, theories and practices of veterinary medicine
- Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients and requesting in-house and send-out laboratory tests
- Ability to read and interpret documents, including federal and state regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and medical texts
- Ability to write reports and correspondences with accuracy
- Knowledge of the use, care, and storage of veterinary instruments, materials, medications and equipment including sterilization techniques for various instruments and materials
- Comprehension of surgical and dental procedures including sterile techniques and emergency intervention
- Must have active listening, critical thinking, problem solving, time management, good judgment and quick decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer skills in order to obtain and enter client information, order laboratory and diagnostic tests, and receive and send messages on our cloudbased system
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine
- Upholding the Veterinary Code of Ethics
- Commitment to the Core Values of Lakeview Animal Clinic
- Bilingual is a plus
We are committed to providing exceptional veterinary medicine and compassionate care to all our clients and patients by following our Core Values:
- Treat each patient as if they were our own
- Treat all clients and patients with respect, kindness and empathy
- Provide the best veterinary care to the best of our abilities, minimizing mistakes and handling per fear-free techniques
- Maintain a positive work environment that provides growth, learning and support
- The whole staff is accountable for the running of the practice, including offering ideas, solving problems, and filling in on jobs or projects when needed
Experience in a veterinary clinic is required.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation PLUS 6 paid holidays
- 401k retirement plan with a Roth option and employer match
- Highly reduced cost for veterinary care for personal pets
- Scrub and CE allowance
- A quarterly employee bonus program, with additional year end bonus potential
**Pay rate is commensurate with experience**
We would love to meet you and have you be a part of a great team!
Job Type: Full-time
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Experience: Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Required)